Fira Barcelona | 24-26 Oct, 2023
Prize Pool: 50.000€
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Date: October 24-26, 2023
- Cost: It is free.
- Topics: Blockchain, crypto, DeFi, Web3, NFTs, Gaming or Metaverse industry
- Learning: Learn from experienced mentors and developers as you gain experience and join a hacker team.
- Prizes: Win prizes of up to €50,000 for your innovative solutions.
- Ticket to attend European Blockchain Convention: Get free access to European Blockchain Convention 9, the most influential blockchain event in Europe with 5.000 attendees and 300 speakers.
- Networking: If you’re wondering how to kickstart your Web3 career, this is the perfect chance for you to build a valuable network of blockchain professionals
- Career advancement: Gaining practical, hands-on experience is crucial as you build your portfolio and identify potential job opportunities from participants and sponsors alike.
- Collaboration: Meet new people and foster cross-disciplinary learning as you go from zero to hero and discover your web3 potential.
- Innovative approach: get access to 1:1 mentorship from skilled devs who will support you as you build and deploy your first dApp and get to work on addressing real-life needs thanks to Blockchain technology!
- Visibility: Showcase your ideas and talents with a like-minded, global audience.
Frequently Asked Questions
EBC Hackathon will take place in-person during the 9th edition of the European Blockchain Convention in Barcelona, from October 24-26.
Signing up for and attending the hackathon is free of charge.
The hackathon is open to the general public, but every team will require at least one developer to submit an MVP for judging, which will make the team eligible to win one of the prizes offered by the sponsors (Coreum & XDC).
All skills are welcome and needed, as this is a beginner-friendly event, in particular, to those looking to learn about Blockchain development in a more practical, hands-on way.
A notional agenda will be uploaded to this site in the coming weeks. The hackathon is set to follow this timeline:
- Tuesday, October 24, morning session: Hackathon kickoff and introductory session by the sponsors (Coreum & XDC). Team formation continues to take place in person, and support is offered by each of the sponsors during their office hours.
- Tuesday, October 24, afternoon session: hacking begins.
- Wednesday, October 25: Hacking continues. Office hours are held by the sponsors (Coreum & XDC) throughout the day.
- Thursday, October 26: Submissions due at 11 AM.
- Thursday, October 26: As soon as you have submitted your MVP, you can enjoy the European Blockchain Convention (panel discussions, presentations, networking and exhibition areas)
Not necessarily. While development skills are definitely an asset and will help your team ship faster, all sorts of skills are needed for a high-quality submission, so people from all backgrounds are welcome to contribute from their area of expertise.
The total prize pool for this hackathon is €50,000. The sponsors (Coreum & XDC) and EBC will be sharing details about the prize breakdown closer to the date.
The main categories will be DeFi, NFTs, AI & gaming.
All Hackers should sign-up individually, regardless of team formation, which will take place briefly prior to the hackathon kick-off. Hackers can encourage their desired teammates to apply so they can all join the hackathon as a single group.
Teams are not expected to be formed by more than 6 participants.
No, each participant is responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements in order to attend the hackathon.